Here’s another awesome and popular recipe straight out of AltShift, this time for 3 Shift. I hope you love it as much as we do.
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
7 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp light sour cream
2 Tbsp beef broth
1 lb fat free ground turkey
1 cup sliced raw carrots
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp minced fresh thyme
1 Tbsp butter
1 cup peas
3 Tbsp rice flour
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
1. Begin by putting the potatoes in a pot of water to boil over high heat.
2. While the potatoes boil, chop the onions, slice the carrots, and mince the thyme.
3. When the potatoes are soft, mash them thoroughly while preheating your oven to 395 degrees.
4. Stir the first seven ingredients of the filling in a frying pan and cook on medium heat.
5. Once the turkey is cooked and the onion and carrots are somewhat tender, add the peas and butter and cook for another minute or two to melt the butter.
6. Sprinkle the rice flour in and stir well.
7. Add the beef broth, tomato paste, vinegar and molasses, stirring everything well, and turn the heat down to a simmer.
8. Simmer a few more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens into a nice gravy.
9. Pour the contents of frying pan into a large casserole dish or oval baker.
10. Mix all of the topping ingredients together in a large bowl and then spread the topping evenly over the mixture in the casserole dish.
11. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Tip: You can sub 1/2 cup of the beef broth for 1/2 cup of wine if you prefer more of an authentic taste.